his is the statement of ethics for JIPMukjt:Jurnal Ilmu Pendidikan Muhammadiyah Kramat Djati published by Pimpinan Muhammadiyah Kramat dJati. This statement was adapted from the principles of the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE) and covers the code of ethics for chief editor, editorial board members, reviewers and authors.
Authors need to uphold publication ethics if they wish to publish their scientific works in the publication. The publication ethics is as follows:
- Morality: recognize code, system of rules of what is right or wrong in research and publication and to behave accordingly.
- Scientific integrity: uphold the rules, the nature and the scientific truthworthiness.
- Honesty: conduct research in sincere manner, do not involve in any allegations, frauds, or misconduct; report research results accurately, objectively, promptly and do not contain false or misleading data.
The ethic norms that must hold by the Authors who wish to publish their scientific research on the JPIP (JIPMukjt:Jurnal Ilmu Pendidikan Muhammadiyah Kramat Djati), as follows:
- The authors have to uphold the scientific conduct, understanding the risks and benefits of their publication paper.
- The article is free from misconduct behaviour, include: fabrication, falsification, plagiarism or auto-plagiarism.
- The author require to follow appropriate citation in the all statements, ideas, and which are not their original research results.
- The article is relevant to the JIPMukjt:Jurnal Ilmu Pendidikan Muhammadiyah Kramat Djati topic areas.
- The article do not produced any conflicts of interest or potential cause with any certain parties.
- The authors that listed in the published articles are truly competent and have significant contribution in the related fields.
- Republishing articles or parts of articles, submitting to one or more journals at the same time or using text or images without permission is not allowed.
Duties of Reviewers
- Must disclose any competing interest before agreeing to review a submission.
- Can refuse to review any submission due to a conflict of interest or inadequate knowledge.
- Review all submissions objectively, fairly and professionally.
- Reveal any ethical misconduct encountered while reviewing to the Chief Editor for further action.
- Should ensure the originality of a submission and be alert to any plagiarism and redundant publication.
- Must not discuss the content of the submission without permission.
- Adhere to the time allocated for the review process. Requests for extension to review the submission is at the discretion of the Chief Editor.
Duties of Editorial Tim Members
- Actively contribute to the development and the greater good of the journal.
- Act as ambassadors for the journal.
- Continuously support and promote the journal.
- Review any work assigned to them.
Duties of Editors in Chief
- Evaluate manuscripts fairly and solely on their intellectual merit.
- Ensure confidentiality of manuscripts and not disclose any information regarding manuscripts to anyone other than the people involved in the publishing process.
- Has the responsibility to decide when and which articles are to be published.
- Actively seek the views of board members, reviewers and authors on how to improve/ increase the image and visibility of the journal.
- Give clear instructions to potential contributors on the submission process and what is expected of the authors.
- Ensure appropriate reviewers are selected/ identified for the reviewing process.